Welcome to Amina's Musings!!

Image
  Amina's Musings is my weekly podcast that focuses on my life's journey. Being jobless, self-employed and starting a business.  Click here to listen to the podcast. Feel free to follow me in the available channels for updates when I post. I promise to walk you through an enlightening journey that will be filled with aha moments, inspiration and great lessons. 

True African Queen.


My African Queen - Yuster Mwamburi Michuki


Everyone has a beginning and mine starts with the beautiful African queen called Yuster Michuki, my beloved mother. I would like to let you all in on the woman that has to shape me into who I am.
Like every ordinary child, I grew up knowing there is no one more beautiful, smart or amazing than my mother. Everything she did was magical. Secondborn to a family of seven, she is a humble Taita brought up by two loving parents, the late Mr and Mrs Mwamburi. I could not share the childhood that she had but from all the stories, I could picture it. A young bubbly and full of life girl. This brings me to look at her as a person, not this mystical angel and then the lens shifts.
Everyone has there ups and downs, but how you handle them is what sets us apart as people. Now you may think I am saying this because she is my mum but no, this woman could be going through the toughest of problems but still manage to smile. She once told me, "Keep smiling even in trials because not everyone has to know what you are going through." So whenever things are hard she finds the strength to hold everyone together.

Being the eldest my mum has a lot of responsibilities. She is a mum, an aunt, a sister, a grandmother among others. She is social, very social. I guess that is why she knows a lot of people. She has this motherly warmth that she emits that makes people feel safe welcome loved and that is a beautiful thing.
I have often misunderstood her, and I guess it the nature of human beings. I appreciate her and all she has done through the things we have been through prove that she is human. I have to cut her some slack. I cannot expect her to be telepathic or to know what am going through like when I was a child. She has helped me with a lot. I have had issues and despite the fact, she is not easy to understand I love her all the same.

I could dedicate a song to her it would be the one by Bahati- Mama. She is a true African queen and I have to appreciate all her efforts. Thank you for being your mum and we could always communicate for better relation. You are one in a million.
                                                           ~end of part one~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask and You Shall Receive!

Everything is now online!